Jörg Rathlev on 20 Dec 2001 15:52:53 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: Calls for Judgement

> I'm pretty sure that r129 (which still exists until the 24th)
> prohibits these.

No, the CFJs don't question the legality of any player actions.
Changing the scores may or may not have been legal, due to rule 129,
it doesn't matter -- it is considered legal either way.

However there seems to be some confusion about how that affected the
game state, and the CFJs attempt to end that confusion.

> And I'm also pretty sure that they're all trivially false, as the
> r129-allowed changed to scores won't be retroactively legal until
> the 23rd/24th.

Rule 129 doesn't retroactively cause things that were illegal to
suddenly happen. Rule 17 explicitly states that "Actions occur upon
reaching the appropriate Fora."

The purpose of rule 129 is to prevent people from retroactively
messing up the game state by causing something that happened weeks ago
to be declared illegal. The idea is not to make things legal, the idea
is to force players to make a CFJ early if they want to question
something.

I think all the CFJs are trivially true, as the actions we took have
occured and are considered legal due to rule 129.

Joerg