Rob Speer on 20 Dec 2001 08:02:55 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: reset proposal

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 11:56:23PM -0600, Benjamin Bradley wrote:
> I propose that we reset the game and begin with the following initial
> ruleset. Hopefully this will start us off from a solid foundation and at a
> simple enough point that everyone will understand what's going on. I think
> that the fun of a game of nomic is that it grows to be complicated. If it
> starts out with inconsistencies and such, it's just no fun (as we've
> seen). I've also added a proposal limit so that the game will hopefully
> start off slowly. I know this rule set by no means incorporates even a
> fraction of the functionality that we want in our ruleset, but I think it
> is fairly complete in itself, consistent, and free of exploitable
> loopholes.
> How about e-mailing the list with 'yay's and 'nay's?

I think we have made enough progress already that either Dave's
administrative fiat or the CFJs should take care of the rest. Besides
the fixes to problems with the ruleset, we got some nice things accepted
like a way of getting points and a justice system, and it makes no sense
to undo that.

Besides, your ruleset leaves quite a
bit unspecified - for example, how is the "definitions" section changed?
Is it some sort of rule itself, despite having no number?
--
Rob Speer