David E. Smith on 17 Dec 2001 16:54:45 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The future never happened

On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Doig, Gavin wrote:

> > No you don't. Rule changes are explicitly regulated, even before taking
> > nweek 1 into account.
>
> Yes, but
> "No Calls for Judgement shall be made regarding any player actions
> that have happened more than one nweek ago. Such actions shall always
> be treated as if they had been legal".
> So after 1 nweek has passed, anything that anyone does becomes legal.

So your action doesn't become legal via the grandfather clause until a
full nweek has passed (i.e. ten days from when you made the attempt).

> And since
> "No Calls for Judgement shall be made regarding any of the rules that
> were in effect, or player actions that were performed, before the
> voting results of the first voting period of this nomic were made
> public",
> no one can make a CFJ on anyone's actions in nweek 1. So any actions anyone
> took during nweek 1 become legal 1 nweek after they took place. The rules
> implicitly permit me to change them, by making all my actions legal.

Which also means that my flat "No you don't." is also legal. ;)

...dave