David E. Smith on 13 Dec 2001 23:44:31 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: arrrrrgh.

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Rob Speer wrote:

> So - though it might be a stretch - an action to change your Score would
> involve changing a number of Points, since everyone's score is already
> defined to be zero points, and thus it is regulated. So all four Actions
> (including mine) which people performed to change their Score were not
> actually permissible. Still no need to make them proposals.

Yeah, but making 'em proposals was more amusing. :-)
Point taken, though. The two "give me points" proposals are un-recognized.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to point out something that should
be clear to everyone involved by now: I'm new at this. I've only played in
a few Nomics, and have never attempted to run one before. To that end,
until such time as a justice system is created, I'm it. I can only promise
that I'll try to act fairly - i.e. in the best interest of the game and
all the players. Anyone that's unhappy with such a mindset is welcome to
visit the Nomic Database and find another game in which to play.

> I'm still voting against 105. Points should not be "owned"; this eerily
> reminds me of the whole situation with the Bank in A Nomic. They should
> simply be a measurement of Score, an arbitrary quantity.

Yeah, the Bank thing was pretty ugly, what with some of the economic
gymnastics that had to be performed just to keep the darn thing solvent.

Your vote change is recognized and added to my vote-o-matic, btw.

...dave