Rob Speer on 13 Dec 2001 22:46:58 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Eh

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 05:16:37PM -0500, RyeGuyC@xxxxxxx wrote:
> If thats the case then I increase my score to 1000

Go ahead and do that, then. You are entirely within your rights to do so
(and since these are legitimate Actions, Dave shouldn't treat them as
Proposals).

However, this is not a problem, since nobody can currently win.

The entire reason you're able to set your score to an arbitrary value is
that the rules only regulate changing your number of Points, and not
your Score, and no connection is ever made between the two terms.

However, this means it is impossible for your score to "exceed 1000
points", since there is no basis for comparison between a Score and 1000
Points.

So, we must reject any proposal which would equate Score with Points.
Proposal 105 does this. I'm fairly sure I already voted against this one
anyway (I sent my votes privately), but I'll publically ensure that in
just a moment. Everyone else should make sure to change their vote on
105 to NO so that a win does not have to be awarded this early in the
game.

Any future proposal which fixes the Points/Score discrepancy should ensure
that, no matter what Score each player has, it results in the player
beginning with 0 Points. Ideally this would involve resetting the
Scores to 0 at the same time, but the idea of a Nomic where "Points" and
"Score" remain two entirely different quantities has a sort of twisted
appeal to me.

--
Rob Speer