Jörg Rathlev on 7 Dec 2001 12:15:11 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: Proposal to create judicial system

> > "No Calls for Judgement shall be made regarding
> "shall" -> "may". Restrictive, not predictive.

Hmmm. English is not my native language, but "shall not" seems to
occur in US legalese in the same way as I used it, e.g. "No Bill of
Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed."

Guessing based on your email address, you seem to come from the UK; is
this maybe a British English vs. US English issue? Or is there really
something wrong with my sentence?

Joerg