Joel Ricker on 1 Dec 2001 17:28:03 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: a wacky idea

----- Original Message -----
From: Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: spoon-discuss: a wacky idea

> > > Ummm, I have no idea how a game like that would actually play.  It
> > > seems that TIE could more-or-less just declare emself the winner.
> > > What's the point?
> >
> > Customarily, that person doesn't actually play... it can be a bit
> > difficult to be impartial under such circumstances.
> >
> > Heck, I wasn't planning on playing - just being the admin-type-person.
> > I'll still have fun just watching, believe it or not..
>
> Huh.  OK, that's a bit different, I guess.  But I still am with Rob that
> a lot of the fun is tricking people into voting for something you can
> use against them.
>
> Anyone else going to speak up?

Sure I will.

As a former TIE myself, Imperial Nomic can be alot of fun if played right.
The main benefit of Impnom is that it is much faster with only one person to
decide what passes or fails.  There also is no real worry of TIE being too
heavy handed with eir decisions as obviously e must keep it fun for eir
players.

True nomic is not necessarily better than Imperial Nomic or vice-versa.  Its
just different.  Its  a good temporary diversion as well since games or
cycles are generally much shorter in comparison to true nomic.

Count me in :)

Joel