Benjamin Bradley on 28 Nov 2001 20:11:48 -0000

spoon-discuss: initial ruleset

I think that we should try and start with as simple an initial ruleset as
possible, even if a lot of rules will be proposed and adopted within the
first two weeks.

It is a lot easier (especially for beginning players) to play a nomic game
from the ground up, because it gives you a chance to synthesize the rules
and what they mean over a period of time, instead of having to essentially
memorize them all at once.

I propose that the only rules we start with are those defining how rules
are proposed, voted on, and adopted. Nothing else. We can later
add rules about precedence (or not), judiciary/conflict resolution,
definitions about players, agents, scoring, objects, igm's, etc.

- Benjamin Bradley - "I don't want to be an ant anymore"
- http://lostpoet.tripod.com/
- whee life what a rush