David E. Smith on 22 Jun 2001 01:02:30 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Change the win conditions

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Rob Speer wrote:

> 1. Change Rule 211/2 to the following:
> "Whenever a Player's score reaches or exceeds 1000 points, the Administrator
> shall credit em with a Win."

Hmm... seems a bit inflationary, don't you think?

> [[ You may notice the lack of any requirement based on owning Rules. ]]

Why yes, I did in fact notice that. :-)

There's plenty of arguments in favor of dropping the rules-ownership
requirement, and I can't yet think of any against. But why increase the
score criterion to a grand?

> 2. Change the first paragraph of Rule 323/1 to:
> "Once per nweek, the Banker may set the Point value of the Adopted Proposal
> Award such that its value is no less than 15 and no greater than 30, and may
> set the Point value of the Opposed Minority Award such that its value is no
> less than zero and no greater than 10."

Same thing, more-or-less. Seems like you're just making lots of numbers
bigger. What do you, or us, or the game as a whole, gain from this?

...dave