Rob Speer on 6 Jun 2001 06:25:03 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: So, did I win?

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 01:15:45AM -0500, Joel Uckelman wrote:
> Sure. Once I've determined the present state of the Ruleset, pretty much
> everything else---Motions, RFJs, and all---can be handled concurrently.
>
> Hmm. So, it occurs to me that we need to look into what exactly resets
> after a win, and if that would mean the Go board is wiped clean. If so,
> we'd need to decide whether to reinstate it as it stands now, or start from
> scratch. If we do the latter, I think it might be wise to reduce the size
> of the board, since the pace of play hasn't yet caused the board congestion
> that makes Go interesting.

The rules under "Winning" say nothing about Objects being reset, only Scores.
My argument is that Scores are defined to be collections of Points, Debts are
also collections of Points, and thus Debts are Scores and should be reset.

Plus, it makes life so much easier if we don't start with miscellaneous debts
to deal with.
--
Rob Speer