Rob Speer on 10 May 2001 01:31:19 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Objection

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 05:58:30PM -0400, Dan wrote:

> I object to the addition of David's motion to add a player, on the grounds
> that e has not demonstrated eir ability to pass the Turing Test.

Heh! This should be interesting.

I suggest that, if we do need to have a Turing test, that David's responses
should be compared against that of the UNIX AI program "MegaHAL". Then again, I
see that this objection is nothing but a strategic move, so it wouldn't make
much sense to follow through with it.

( Possible Question: "Please state the name of the currently absent
administrator of this Nomic."
HAL: "Because i like to do things on the wrong side of the absent administrator
of this nomic." )

> ack.  I go away for a couple of weeks and all hell breaks loose.  Now I'm
> crabby.  Also I want to keep the bank from having all those points until
> we cut PurpleBob's win cycle.

I suppose that would make sense. So this changes my analysis, because there
will be a substantial period in which the Bank has no money.

If debt objects are kept, the Bank immediately goes bankrupt, but eventually
has to pay/recieve the debts I listed in the other message - most likely once
David becomes a player.

If debt objects are erased, we get an instant fresh start without an additional
win by me.

I'll make an RFJ about this.

Either way, poor David is in Agent limbo until we get a quorum vote, however
far off that is.

--
Rob Speer