David Chudzicki on 9 May 2001 00:20:10 -0000

spoon-discuss: a question

I have a question about the rules set of A Nomic (this nomic game). Contained in the initial set of a traditional namic game is a rule that when rules conflict, the rule with the lower number shall be followed. While I have little experience with Nomic, I get the impression that this is one rule that often lasts (and is quite useful). But I do not see it in the rule set of A Nomic. I'm curious as to the reason for that. Was it contained in the initial set? Is there no rule at all addressing priority of rules? Also, the initial set of nomic usually includes a distinction between "mutable" and "immutable" rules. I understand if one doesnt want that exact distinction, but does it make sense for all rules to be equally easy to change (as appears to be the case)? Also, the answer to question 3 at "http://www.nomic.net/~g1/index.html"; is apparently out of date. The answer references rule 210/2 and says that a motion to become a player requires 3-day unanimous consent. The current version of that rule is 210/3 and only requires 2-day unanimous consent.

Sincerely,
David Chudzicki