Jeff Schroeder on 8 May 2001 03:50:38 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Joel's Move

I am not worried about the lists themselves, that would be pretty easy to handle by one of us. my server probably wouldn't have a problem if I had it set up for e-mail. But we won't have any official public forums. (what is necessary to determine a public forum? The Administrator declaring it so?)

I believe that it will be next to impossible to port the web page to another machine within only a couple of days. I think it is incredibly integrated with Joel's machine. Of course, I am just guessing - he'd have to let us know.

At 11:40 PM 5/7/2001, you wrote:
On Mon, 7 May 2001, Jeff Schroeder wrote:

> Will the mailing lists and web page go down when Joel moves?

If this turns out to be the case, I can probably provide (partial)
alternative hosting for 'em.

The mailing lists aren't a problem; I've been running large mailing lists
for years. The Web page is potentially an issue - mostly depending on just
how Joel implemented stuff. (Perl, PHP, MySQL = good; mod_perl and
postgresql = bad)

...dave

---- David E. Smith, POB 515045, St. Louis MO 63151
http://www.technopagan.org/    dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.bureau42.com/       http://metadave.net/

I used to drive a Heisenbergmobile, but every
time I looked at the speedometer, I got lost.