Joel Uckelman on 15 Mar 2001 19:42:03 -0000

spoon-discuss: Go comments

So, I just revised the Political Go Proposal mostly in accord with
Poulenc's suggestions from a while back. Here are a few observations:

1. The Go Board needs to be cleared after each game. The way I'd like that
to work is for each Go player to "capture" eir Stones in play and
territories when the game ends. The reason for that is it would be very
unbalancing if Go players could keep all of their Stones remaining from
previous games in reserve. E.g., I doubt anyone would want to play if
someone had 100 Stones in reserve at the start of a game. If players are
allowed to capture their Stones, then they can be redeemed for 1 point each
by the Bank. However, I'd like the Bank to redeem end-game territories as
well, for 1 point each. This is something I will likely add to my proposal,
and requires no changes to yours.

2. It would be nice if everyone were given a free Stone each nweek. Since
your Proposal deals mostly with the supply of Stones, that would fit in
well.

--
J.