Jeff Schroeder on 15 Mar 2001 00:02:59 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: YARFJ

At 04:03 AM 3/14/01, you wrote:
> [...]

Recognised as RFJ#38 and assigned to Benjamin

Here is my opinion of the reading of that particular rule. Benjamin will decide which is the correct view:

I am the Tax Collector and I perhaps should have entitled it a Motion for Repayment instead of a Bank Motion. The rules confused me in that respect, so I decided to call it a generic bank motion with the understanding that people would know that I had the authority to repay all debts and that this authority was what mattered as opposed to what the motion was called.

I understood that under the reading of Rule 317/2, that the Motion for Payment was a subset of the group of motions that constitute Bank Motions. The definition of Bank Motions simply define how to process this said group of motions.

The statement "If a debt owed the bank is overdue the Tax Collector shall, within a reasonable length of time, submit a Motion for Payment of that debt on behalf of the bank" states that this is a motion on behalf of the bank to force the *bank* to reclaim the unpaid debts. This does not involve the Player at all and will simply take the money away from the Player and give it to the bank.

jeff

Shop online without a credit card
http://www.rocketcash.com
RocketCash, a NetZero subsidiary