David E. Smith on 11 Mar 2001 05:10:01 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: Create new points

> Correct me if I am wrong.  My worry is not
> that there can be ways to transfer points from the Players to the Bank, but
> that there still needs to be extra points per player in order to have a
> winning condition.

This is precisely what my proposal (new player == 500 points in the bank)
is supposed to address. I probably should change it so that, instead of
the fixed value of 500, it creates the number of points currently required
to be credited with a win. (This could get weird if, later on, someone
redefines winning so that points aren't part of the criteria, but that
bridge can be burned when we get there.)

Good/bad idea? (I'm not actually sure...)

...dave