Jörg Rathlev on 10 Mar 2001 19:38:54 -0000

spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: Two Proposals!

> At the end of each nweek each agent, but not the Bank, whose score is
> greater than 100 points, owes the Tax Rate times their score at the
> beginning of that nweek, rounded down, in points to the bank.

I'd suggest tax rate times their score minus 100.

Otherwise, assuming a tay rate of 20%, this might happen:

initial  taxable         new
score    score    tax    score

 100      0       0      100
 101      101     20.2   80.8

which is somewhat unfair for the agent who has 101 points. This makes more sense:

 100      0       0      100
 101      1       0.2    100.8

I've not rounded the scores, so if you keep the "rounded down" and/or my micropayment proposal fails, there wouldn't be any tax in the second case, but if you have only 101 points, there shouldn't be a large tax anyway.

I'd also suggest using the average score as the treshold, not 100 points. Oh, and please include a limit for the tax.

Joerg