Joel Uckelman on 26 Feb 2001 06:38:16 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: opposed minority award

Uncertainty for the owner of the Proposal: "I wonder how many people will
vote against my Proposal just to get points? Will that make it fail?"

Tension for the voter: "Should I vote for this because I like it, or
against it to get points?"

Tension between those who voted for the Proposal and those who voted
against it just to get points.

It's a prisoners' dilemma, really, since it provides an incentive to
"defect".

As a consolation prize it's pretty crappy, since it's usually so small.

Quoth Benjamin Bradley:

--
J.