Dan on 25 Feb 2001 22:53:40 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: scoring

> Hmm. I have two thoughts:
>
> First, if we were going to do something like this, it would be a good idea
> to allow everyone a free proposal per nweek, or to provide some sort of
> "unemployment" payment, just so no one could get into a position in which e
> was unable to make Proposals.
>
> Second, I thought sure that the first Amnesty Resolution cut your debt to
> something fairly small.

If the amnesty resolution is altered my debt will remain large.  But I'm
not worrying about it because I think I still have more than sixty points.

Some kind of unemployment benefit would probably be a good idea.  Or, if
we make the payment by the debt system they wouldn't actually have to pay
the fee until after their proposal has passed and they have been paid.

Another idea for bank revenue is to create some kind of proportional tax
on point holdings.

Since Extra Votes are priced at way more than anyone can afford to pay,
could we reduce the price a little so there is some bank income there too?
Both this and the tax would allow us to lower the price to create
proposals and make it easier on the new players.

Poulenc.