Dan on 25 Feb 2001 04:16:37 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Reclaim debts owed the bank

> I hereby make a Bank Motion requiring the bank to collect the following points:
>
> 60 points from Poulenc
> 11 points from Benjamin
> 8 points from Joerg
> jeff

The process for collecting overdue debts is specified in rule 319:

     If an agent owes points, e is considered a debtor. The agent to
     which those points are owed is eir creditor. If e does not pay
     those points which e owes within whatever time is agreed upon in
     advance by those parties, or two nweeks otherwise, the debt becomes
     overdue and eir creditor may submit a Motion for Repayment for that
     particular debt.

     A Motion for Repayment that is submitted becomes a ballot issue at
     the start of the next nweekly voting. If it passes then a Motive
     Order is issued for the repayment of the debt, to be performed as
     soon as possible.

The process by which the Bank in particular collects overdue debts is
provided by the second paragraph of rule 317:

     If a debt owed the Bank is overdue the Bank may submit a Motion for
     Repayment of that debt, at the discretion of the Banker. If a debt
     owed the bank is overdue the Tax Collector shall, within a
     reasonable length of time, submit a motion for repayment of that
     debt on behalf of the bank.

"Repayment" should probably be changed to "Payment".

Actions requires ASAP must be performed in the order in which they became
required, and before any other actions.  A player who is bankrupt is
effectively removed from the game until someone gives them some points.  I
never quite finished that part.  However, nobody can be forced to pay a
debt unless the majority sides against them.  Perhaps we should create
some sort of a late payment fine too.

Since I'm broke I won't pay my 60 points until I am ordered to.

Poulenc.