Joel Uckelman on 20 Feb 2001 17:55:33 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: multiple things

Quoth "Harrison, Andrew":
> > 4. I like Joerg's amendment to the R211. I don't really want
> > the Bank to
> > win either. I'm pretty sure that I own more than 20 rules,
> > and I think
> > Poulenc might (I'll figure that out sometime soon, as I've
> > let that go way
> > too long), so if either of us quit, the Bank would win.
>
> I'm not sure how you've got all the data stored, but if you can
> cross-reference the rules to the proposals then you could have a script to
> keep the rule owners up-to date. On the website each rule has a 'Created by'
> or 'Modified by' line. All you need to do is lookup the proposal that
> created or most recently modified that rule, and whoever owned that proposal
> is the owner of the rule. It would be too difficult to go through them all
> by hand.
>
> --
> The Kid

I haven't done a lot of cross-referencing tables because that would make
changes in table structure (which seems to happen every few weeks) more
difficult. I'd rather store some redundant data than break everything while
making a change. That said, I could probably pull Proposal and Rule owners
out of the Event Log, so I don't think I'll have to do it by hand.

--
J.