Antonio on 19 Feb 2001 22:23:04 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal limiting jurisdiction of rules:

On 19 Feb 2001, at 16:17, Joel Uckelman wrote:

> Hmm. I'm not sure that's a good idea, namely because what it means for
> something to be a public forum is that official actions may be taken there.
> If the site were a public forum, a page could be hidden away there where
> someone could do things that would be legal actions, but no one else in the
> game would have any reasonable way of finding out about, until such time as
> it was convenient to reveal them. Since I'm the only one who presently can
> edit the web pages, that someone could only be me. I don't really want to
> have the option of doing that, nor do I think you should give it to me. So,
> I'm not going to declare the site as a public forum, pending further
> argument to the contrary. (If you really want me to, keep trying. You need
> to come up with some  really persuasive reason, though.)

We could do this on a page per page basis, like

the webpage http://www.nomic.net/~g1/
the webpage http://www.nomic.net/~g1/Rules.Numerical.1.html
the webpage http://www.nomic.net/~g1/Rules.Numerical.3.html
The webpage bla
The webpage foo

are all public forums
but that would be complicated too i reckon