Joel Uckelman on 13 Feb 2001 23:46:28 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: A proposal by the newbie

Quoth Rob Speer:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 12:16:42AM -0600, Joel Uckelman wrote:
> > I was meaning to ask you about that, actually. I don't see why I shouldn't
> > be able to type an \366. See, right there, I just did! :) If that comes
> > through ok, then I see no reason why you can't have your name spelled
> > correctly.
>
> Extended characters like that tend not to come through in e-mail very reliabl
> y.
> I don't think anyone has '\366' in eir name.
>
> --
> Rob Speer

Ok, point taken. I'll get those motions recognized tonight. Mail encoding
is weird. It's too bad there's not some sort of universal encoding scheme.
(Or is there? Isn't that what Unicode is?)

--
J.