Dan Waldron on 5 Feb 2001 07:26:01 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: categorized ruleset

> I probably know the rules better than anyone, and I'm starting to have
> trouble finding things, so I take that as a sign that I've put off for too
> long my plans to make a categorized ruleset. In that vein, does anyone have
> suggestions for what the categories should be?
>
> I was thinking something like this:
>
> Voting
> Motions
> Officers
> Definitions
> Contests
> Scoring
> Miscellaneous

I would make scoring "Objects and Scoring" or maybe "Objects and the Bank"
instead, because the principle currency might conceivably change to
something other than points.

On another note, I've been looking over the rules and I have a nagging
suspiscion that there might still be a couple of potential security holes
in the debt system, although I can't quite pin them own.  Anyone?

I know that sounds foolish but I really want to get it ironed out and make
sure we are all interpreting it the same way.

Also, are any of the players here ex-acka players?  AFAIK Acka is dead
now, right?  What happened to the refugees?  If none came here we might
try opening some kind of communication with Agora--this descendant of
oft-whimsical Berserker (we haven't seen whimsicality much yet, but who
can forget pave-the-world) might be more to the taste of people who were
used to Acka's general looniness, rather than Agora's ultra-bureaucracy
(you think orders and debts are complicated here? Phew!).  I don't know
how many people the three games share(d).

Poulenc.