Joel Uckelman on 30 Jan 2001 16:50:10 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Bank Actions

Quoth "Harrison, Andrew":

<snip>
> Isn't there a way to create new points for the bank? This new way of
> handling points doesn't seem to be working properly. When points gets
> awarded or deducted by the rules, this should happen automatically, not wait
> for each player to 'action' it.
>
> --
> The Kid

The motivation to have things be recognized was so we would always know
(more or less) what the game state was---that is to say, things wouldn't
just keep happening without anyone noticing. For actions that require some
input by the Officer in charge of recognizing them, I still think this is a
good way to go. E.g., I think it works ok for Proposals and Motions, since
they need to be assigned numbers for reference. I still think it should
work with point awards, just that we might want to streamline the operation
a little, maybe by combining the Tax Collector and the Banker into the
Treasurer, or something like that, and to introduce a little more order
into Bank transactions, stipulate that the Bank conducts its business only
once per nweek, say a reasonable amount of time following the publishing of
voting results or something like that.

--
J.