Joel Uckelman on 26 Jan 2001 13:20:53 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: dependency rev

Quoth Benjamin Bradley:
> [[ I think this takes care of negativity, recursivity, and effects.
> It resolves the effects problem by simply withdrawing the proposal-
> that way, no points are changed at all. ]]
>
> replace the P392 with the following:
>
> <proposal revise action=revise title="Dependency of Propositions">
> create a rule with the title 'Dependency of Propositions' and the
> following text:
>
> This rule applies only to child/parent propositions on the same ballot.
>
> If a (subsidiary) proposition is dependent on one or more other
> (primary) propositions, and any of the (primary) propositions fail
> (either as defined by the rules, or because it <u>fails by
> dependence</u>),
> then the (subsidiary) proposition <u>fails by dependence</u>.
>
> If a (subsidiary) proposition is negatively dependent on one or
> more other (primary) propositions, and any of those (primary)
> propositions pass, then the (subsidiary) proposition <u>fails by
> dependence</u>.
>
> If a proposition <u>fails by dependence</u>, then it is considered
> "withdrawn" and "dead".
>
> This rule superceedes R120:Motions, if the two conflict.
>
> </proposal>
>
> Can I put HTML in a proposal like that?

Yes and no. Yes, the HTML will display correctly. On the other hand, the
HTML will technically be part of the proposal text, so shouldn't display at
all! So, I'm not sure how to handle this.

> Does this revision satisfy everyone?

Looks good to me.

--
J.