Joel Uckelman on 16 Jan 2001 03:50:36 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Negative Voting

Quoth Dan Waldron:

> The following is a new proposal entitled "Foully voting AGAINST every
> single proposal on every ballot really drives me up the wall you will know
> if youre the one im talking to i really think something ought to be done
> about this blatant misuse of democratic principles and this is a holy
> crusade to restore truth and honor and justice and liberty to the world of
> nomic and anyone who stands against shall have to suffer the wrath of
> uuuuh me."
>
> Enact a new rule, titled "Against negative voting" with text as follows:
>
> If, on a ballot containing at least five proposals, an agent is found to
> vote against at least three and for no proposals then that agent shall owe
> a debt of 20 points to the first agent to point out eir breach of good
> conduct within three nweeks of the offence.
>
> _____
>
> Poulenc

Hmm. I'm not sure I like this. What if someone makes a slew of awful
Proposals and I want to abstain on everything else? I'd still be penalized,
since I didn't vote in favor of anything.

--
J.