Joel Uckelman on 29 Dec 2000 19:24:23 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: primary vs secondary motions

Quoth Benjamin Bradley:
> According to the rules, the only difference between primary and secondary
> motions is in how they are numbered. Is this the only difference and can
> someone explain how that matters?

Yes, this is the only difference. My reasoning for this was that Motions
which are made often enough are made often enough to have their own
numbering scheme, while the others could just as well be lumped together.
So, that would be the "full" explanation, I guess.

--
J.