Harrison, Andrew on 4 Dec 2000 09:17:55 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: oh, no, here it comes again

> Joel Uckelman wrote:
>  people want to participate in it. So, the most important
> part: does anyone
> > want to do this? If so, I'll get a proposal together for
> it. (Not right
> > away, though. The implementation of this is complex enough
> that I think
> > I'll wait until the semester is over to get it started.) Comments?
> >
> I have never played go in my life, but it sound extremley
> intresting, plus nomic
> subgames are really cool, i once played in a nomic called
> unanomic with some
> players that Poulenc knows: Kevan, Raven, the twisted one.
> It was a subgame oriented nomic, and it was the best I have
> ever played.
> I vote for :)

It's a new game to me too, but I'd be willing to give it a go. I'd ask that
rather having it as an opt-out thing it would be opt-in. What I mean is
rather than everyone being a player, but you can 'sell your stones', it
should be that no-one is a player, but you can buy your way in. For example,
you have to pay x points to join a subgame, and the winner gets all the
points at the end.

--
The Kid