Joel Uckelman on 1 Dec 2000 17:22:51 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: voting results

Quoth "Harrison, Andrew":

> > This stuff will find its way to the page either late tonight
> > or sometime
> > tomorrow.
>
> When you update the web pages, could you put something in about the offices,
> as far as I can tell the current list is:
>
> Administrator: Joel
> Officer of Supreme Justice: The Kid
> Banker: Joel
> Officer of Bean Counting: Joel

Ok. I was planning for every officer to have a page or at least a section
of a page, along with a list of Officers somewhere.

> I'll probably nominate myself for OBC since it was my proposal, and the OSJ
> isn't doing much right now. If anyone else particularly wants to do it, be
> my guest. I'll probably still nominate myself anyway, just so that we get an
> election on the Ballot rather than just proposals. Everyone enjoys
> elections. [[Note: That last sentance was meant as a jibe at the Americans,
> rather than a particularly poor innuendo.]]
>
> > On a side note, the end of the semester is nearing for those
> > of us who are
> > students. I for one will be a little busier than normal from
> > now until the
> > week after next; I hope it doesn't bother anyone if I shift
> > from being slow
> > to slower in the meantime.
>
> If needed, the Deputy rule can be used if you are extra busy. I suppose I
> should have put something in so that an Officer can nominate a Deputy if e
> knows beforehand that e is going to be busy.

Yeah, the problem with the deputy rule is that while it prevents things
from being held up for too long, it doesn't update the appropriate pages.
:) Maybe that isn't a problem with the rule, but rather a shortcoming of my
system. One of the things I intend to do over break is to write up actual
instructions for formatting input to the munge, and maybe make the format
itself a little more readable, so that officers can report things directly
as text that the beast can read. Which again reminds me of finishing the
auto-responder thingy...

--
J.

--