Joel Uckelman on 24 Nov 2000 02:34:11 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Revision of Salary proposal

Quoth Dan Waldron:

> The following is a revised version of my proposal 352.
> _____
>
> [[I have made this compatible with Joel's proposal and my idea for a debt
> system]]
>
> Enact a new rule with the title "Salaries for Officers and Judges" and
> with text as follows:
>
> The Offical Salary and the Judicial Salary are values associated with this
> game.  They may be changed only as specified by the rules.  Initially, the
> value of each is zero.
>
> At the end of each nweek, the bank owes one Official Salary, in points, to
> each agent who hold one or more paid offices.  An agent that holds
> multiple offices cannot recieve more that one Official Salary.
>
> When a judge returns a judgement, the bank owes one Judicial Salary to
> em.
>
> Once per nweek, with a post to the public forum, the Banker may set the
> values of the Official Salary and the Judicial Salary such that the value
> of each is neither less than zero nor greater than twenty.
>
> _____
>
> Poulenc

Two suggestions:

1. You probably mean "holds" instead of "hold" in the first sentence of the second paragraph.

2. The third paragraph of R237/2 sets the the Judicial Salary at present. Most likely you should include in this proposal an Order to strike that paragraph.