Matt Potter on 22 Nov 2000 23:27:48 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: Proposal: For consistancy

> >The game is an agent because it has ways of getting its component agents
> >and officers to do things for it.
>
> That explanation presupposes that it IS an agent.

I agree with Josh.  I'd prefer to view the game as some sort of entity
which is acted upon by players, rather than the other way around.  The
game could be said to be the "gamestate"--the aggregate combination of
ruleset, agents, objects, and so forth which exist within it at any given
time.  Sort of a biological way of looking at it--that the game is not a
single object, but an environment within which objects and actions exist.

Potter