Harrison, Andrew on 15 Nov 2000 10:59:08 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: P338

> From: Joel Uckelman [mailto:uckelman@xxxxxxxxxxx]
>
> I noticed that P338 doesn't affect the way Judges are
> selected, which may
> be a bad thing. Currently, the Officer responsible for
> selecting Judges may
> do so any way e wishes. Because I select Judges in my capacity as
> Administrator, I see the fair selection of Judges as something like a
> sacred trust. However, someone elected to the proposed OSJ
> may not see it
> the same way, and under the current rules could be as
> arbitrary in Judge
> selection as e wanted. Maybe this should be corrected.

Ok, I'll add a bit that says the selection must be 'random' and that the OSJ
should say exactly how the selection was determined if someone asks. I also
think that the OSJ should be able to exclude further people from the
selection if they would have a vested interest in the judgement. At the
moment the Plantiff is exluded and there is no notion of a Defendant. In
some RFJ's there would be another Player who the RFJ is against, clearly
this Player should be excluded from Judgement too. Since the OSJ is elected
we can always vote them out if they abuse their positiion.

--
The Kid