Harrison, Andrew on 14 Nov 2000 09:13:44 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: modification of 302/0, Subliminal eligiousInd octrination

> From: Roland of Gilead [mailto:inertia@xxxxxxxxxxx]
>
> Based on the way I've seen Nomic games progress in the past, I
> guaran-fucking-tee you that someone might resort to stonewalling,
> conspiracy, or other dirty tricks, given the opportunity and
> incentive.  I
> know the Biblical texts are fairly self-apparent if one is
> caught trying to
> sneak a verse by; but I wouldn't be surprised if there were
> only one or two
> (if that) copies of the "ISO/IEC 14882, Standard for the C++
> Programming
> Language" among the group of Nomic players.  I certainly
> don't own one.  It
> would be easy for owners of said texts to simply deny whether
> or not such a
> passage exists (or make one up on the fly).
>
> Or on the other hand, such an incident might never occur.  Whatever.

I wasn't sure about putting the C++ Standard in there, but I wanted
something like that and that was the first thing that came to mind. We can
change that if you like, or add new texts.

If in the event that there is a disagreement over the Heresy then an RFJ can
be used. I just don't want it as an explicit part of the Rule. If it was
then it would have to be used every time. I only want it to be used if
necessary.

--
The Kid