Joel Uckelman on 27 Oct 2000 19:18:26 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: new proposal: 100 points

Quoth Dan Waldron:

> > A few thoughts: you might want to replace "they" in the first sentence with
>
> > "e", and also capitalize the *special* rules-defined words, e.g. Player,
> > Points, etc.
> >
> > Also, you could avoid the need for an RFJ (which will surely be made almost
>
> > immediately if this passes) by adding to the prop a second section that
> > just adds 100 Points to everyone's then-current scores upon passage.
> >

> My interpretation of the rules is that an RFJ could not be used for that
> purpose, that it is for judgement only on matters of the rules.  There
> could be some kind of motion that would deal with that, however.
>
> On that note, something I would like to do sometime is to get the score
> calculations into the hands of another player.  Perhaps we could appoint
> an officer who will track the scores and issue orders to Joel to change
> them when nescessarry.  The format for those orders could probably be
> automated fairly easily.  That way it's less work for our good Admin.
>
> Poulenc

The scoring delay stems from the fact that I haven't added in the scoring
part of the db yet. So even if I had calculated the scores, they probably
wouldn't be on the page yet. This should be trivial, though; I'll
definitely have it done by the time the upcoming voting period is over.

On that note, I've been thinking about proposing some election rules--we'll
probably need some way of filling offices, unless we want them to be
something other than elective.

--
J.

--