Harrison, Andrew on 25 Oct 2000 14:26:42 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: picking nits

> From: Joel Uckelman [mailto:uckelman@xxxxxxxxxxx]
> > The message archives will soon grow to disproportionate
> sizes. Joel - can
> > you offer them in a compressed format (like .zip or .gz)?
>
> Yeah, I was thinking about that. I'll see what I can do. How
> important is
> it that the compressed vesions be up-to-date at the moment of
> download? I
> could easily have cron compress them once daily, but that
> would leave out
> up to 24 hours of messages.

Would it be possible to also have an unzipped version that has only the last
10 days worth of messages but was up to date? Then we could have a small and
upto date version for quick access, and a full zipped version for going
further back.

--
The Kid