Joel Uckelman on 25 Oct 2000 04:24:34 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: webpage/new players

Quoth Benjamin Bradley:
> On the webpage, it says to become a player you just have to subscribe to
> the mailing list and announce yourself to be a player. According to the
> rules, this only works during the first nweek of play (right) and
> afterwards, a motion to add must be made. We should either change the
> rules so that agents gain player-status by announcing such or have
> Joel chagne the webpage to have wannabe players e-mail him or something.
> (yes, that's chagne, like champagne :P )

Yep. I'll have to fix that.

As for changing the rule: I prefer the current (Motion to Add) rule, since
it provides an easy check against skullduggery, viz. external factions
attempting to take over our game, or internal attempts to become a player
multiple times, etc.

--
J.

--