Adam Tomjack on 3 Oct 2000 14:24:52 -0000

Re: spoon-business: Re: spoon-discuss: new lists

(Tue, 03 Oct 2000) Thus Spake Wbfu Xbegorva:
> Benjamin Bradley sprach:
> >this is pretty silly.
> >remind me again why we have different mailing lists for business and
> >discussion?
> >since I'm not a player yet, I can't make any proposals, so this is my

Agents can make proposals.  It might be that only Players may vote though.

> The game will be run, in part, by a computer. Having a second list
> makes it easy on the programmer. I don't think it's all that much
> more difficult to send business to the business list. In fact,
> I think it's easier than marking up business posts by hand. WTF?
>
> Josh

Personally I like having the two lists, because I have my mail client filter
the messages into two separate folders.  It is easier to find the actual
proposals and actions when you don't have to sift through all the discussion.
 Additionally, I find it easier to maintain the formal business style of
writiing when I don't have to mix it with discussion.

--
Adam Tomjack
adamtj@xxxxxxxxxx