Eric Stucky on Tue, 20 Sep 2011 12:32:54 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Initial Rules Set / Meta-Game - An Experiment in Thought Gaming

>> iff the above created another player distinct from myself identified
>> by "0x44", I grant to that player the ability to take game actions on
>> my behalf.
>
> 0x44 creates the following rule:
> {{{The creation of a rule fails if a third of the players object to it
> in the week following its creation.}}}

I disfavor this rule. It is rather redundant. If two players object to any rule before anybody does not, it is automatically deleted.

I submit the following {}-delimited action to the Redactor {Delete the entirety of rule 28 except the first sentence.}

> Rule 13.1 should be Rule 22, with the changes above
> Rule 15.1 should be Rule 23, with the changes above

I screwed this up, 13.1 should be 22, and 15.1 should be 23.

(---
THE MOST NOBLE AND RESPECTABLE RULESET OF THE NOMIC FORMERLY KNOWN AS B:

0. The Unwritten Rule
It's reasonable to interpret that unregulated actions are possible
[[Value = 3
Ed Murphy +1 / Rainbow Wolfe +1 / Turiski +1]]

1. Players have the right to create, discuss and agree on rules and rules
changes.
[[Value = 1
Rainbow Wolfe +1 / MP Darke -1 - technically "I disagree with the addition
of a rule to formalise the addition, removal and changing of rules." /
Turiski +1]]

2. New rules are added to The Rules and have to be followed by whomever is
required to follow them.
[[Value = 2
Rainbow Wolfe +1 / Turiski +1]]

4. A player is a person who is aware of the existence of the game who has
not been Exiled from the game. Other than the player generally known as
Wooble, all players are required to follow the rules. The rules cannot
impose a punishment for failing to follow the rules which is, in the
judgment of the player being punished, worse than Exile.
[[Value = 2
Wooble +1 / Rainbow Wolfe +1]]

5. Mars Needs Creampuffs
Players shall yell CREAMPUFF at least once a month.
[[Value = 0
Ed Murphy +1 / Turiski -1]]

6. Bake Me a Loophole
The player generally known as Wooble is required to follow the rules, except
for the one titled "Mars Needs Creampuffs".
[[value = 3
Ed Murphy +1 / Turiski +1 / Rainbow Wolfe +1]]

7. Because Typing Takes Forever
The phrase "{{{" is intended to mean "I create a new rule with the following
{{{ }}}-delimited text:
[[Value = 2
Turiski +1 / Rainbow Wolfe +1]]

8. A player who creates a rule automatically favors it.
[[Value = 2
Turiski +1 / Rainbow Wolfe +1]]

9. Gnrlizd Sillinss
The phrase "CREAMPUFF" is an acceptable substitute for "{{{". No rule shall
make any phrase an acceptable substitute for "}}}," unless that rule does
not contain either of the letters 'e' or 'E'.
[[Value = 2
Turiski +1 / Rainbow Wolfe +1]]

10. Talk is Cheap
All game actions require a message to the spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx mailing
list.
[[Value = 3
Ed Murphy +1 / Turiski +1 / Rainbow Wolfe +1]]

12. The Redactor is a game-defined object.  The Redactor can alter the text
of rules.  Players cannot alter the text of rules.
Whenever a player submits an order to the Redactor as a Game Action and two
other players express support for that order as Game Actions, the Redactor
carries out that order.
[[Value = 0 (INVALID)
Codae +1 / Turiski -1 / Rainbow Wolfe 0]]

13. Every message containing the string "}}}" and intending to create a
rule, submits that rule automatically to the Redactor.
[[Value = 0 (INVALID)
Turiski +1 / Rainbow Wolfe -1]]

14. For reference, rules should be numbered sequentially starting with 1 and
adding +1 to each consecutive rule.
[[Value = 2
Rainbow Wolfe +1 / Turiski +1]]

17. Any action taken by a player that has a tangible effect on the game is
forbidden unless permitted by the rules.
[[Value = 1
Paul V +1]]

18. Put the Past Behind Us
No rule may have any effect on any gamestate before the one in which it was
sent to the redactor.
[[Value = 1
Turiski +1]]

19. Comment Text
Any [[ ]]-delimited text is comment text. Comment text has no direct effect
on the game although it can be read and may aid in the interpretation of the
rule it refers to.
[[Value = 2
Turiski +1 / Rainbow WOlfe +1]]

20. Goal
The purpose of the game may be submitted as a game action and needs the
support of 1/2 the known players to become valid. There can only be one goal
at any one time and add the player(s) who achieve this goal each get 1
kudos.
The current goal of the game is: [[undefined]]
[[Value = 1
Rainbow Wolfe +1]]

21. Rule changes should be numbered sequentially, starting with 1 and adding
+1 to each consecutive change, after a period following the identifying rule
number.---)
[[Value = 1
Rainbow Wolfe +1]]

22. Amend rule 15,
Remove the text "A rule having a value of less than 1 is invalid. Invalid
rules may be deleted." and replace it with the text:
"A rule having a value of less than 1 is invalid and may be ignored.
A rule having the value of less than 0 is deleted when the ruleset is next
refreshed."
[[Value = 2
Rainbow Wolfe +1 / Turiski +1]]

23. Amend 13 to read:
Every message containing the string "}}}" that needs to be submitted to
the Redactor, automatically submits that message to the Redactor.
[[Value = 1
Rainbow Wolfe +1]]

24. Amend rule 18 to read:
This rule takes priority over all other rules except where rules specify
otherwise.
Game actions take effect in the order in which they are sent to the game,
Rules with the lowest identifying number have priority over those that
follow.
If a rule has a change number then the oldest existing version of that rule
invalidates any other version, except where a rule change has a higher value
in which case that invalidates any other version.
[[Value = 1
Rainbow Wolfe +1]]

25. This rule may neither be created nor destroyed.
[[Value = 1
0x44 +1]]

26. The creation of a rule fails if a third of the players object to it
in the week following its creation.
[[Value = 1
0x44 +1]]

27. Redactor has Rights, Too
Any proposed rule with identical text to a rule or a proposed rule may be
ignored.
[[Value = 1
Turiski +1]]

28. Two People are Two People
No player shall adapt a name which is the name of an object currently tracked by the game. This sentence, and the remainder of this rule, may be deleted at any time, but is effective until that time: The player who sends messages from ais523@xxxxxxxxxx adapts the name ais523, and may not be referred to by 0x44. The player who sends messages from bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx adapts the name 0x44.
[[Value = 1
Turiski +1
---)

GAME OBJECTS:

Known Players (re: rule #4):-
Ed Murphy
MP Darke
Wooble
Paul VanKoughnett
Codae
Turiski
Rainbow Wolfe //1 Kudos
0x44

Redactor (re: rule #12)

REDACTOR QUEUE:
1. Delete the entirety of rule 28 except the first sentence.
[[By Turiski. Supported by Nobody]]

[ -Turiski ]
[ This time to the proper maillist ]