Geoffrey Spear on Tue, 8 Feb 2011 12:13:33 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Proposal: gameplay overload

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Geoffrey Spear <wooble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I submit the following proposal, __Gameplay Overload__:
> {{
> Repeal Rule 1922 (Traps).
> Repeal Rule 1920 (King For a Day).
> Repeal Rule 1919 (Spells).
> Repeal Rule 1912 (Arena).
>
> In Rule 1911 (At a retailer near You), remove the text most nearly
> matching the below, ignoring differences caused by pasting from a wiki
> to an email message:
> {{
> Smoke Bombs: 140~; Smoke Bombs are Arena Tools. A Player with an
> Avatar may use a Smoke Bomb e holds on any Cube occupied by or
> adjacent to eir Avatar. This destroys the Bomb and causes the Cube to
> become full of smoke. If a player fires a jet of water while eir
> Avatar is in a smoke-filled Cube, then eir AvSkill is treated as
> though it were 1 for the purposes of random decisions regarding that
> jet. If a Cube is full of smoke and also Filled with Water, it
> immediately ceases to be full of smoke.
> Shieldkit: 200~; Shieldkits are Arena Tools. A Player with an Avatar
> may use a Shieldkit e holds on eir Avatar. This destroys the Shieldkit
> causes the Cube the Avatar is in to become Shielded. If a Shielded
> Cube is Hit by a Jet, the Jet's normal effects are cancelled (as the
> liquid boils away), and instead the Shielding is removed and the Cube
> becomes full of smoke [[really it should be steam, but it's basically
> the same thing]].
> Water Jet: 200~ or free to New Players;
> Air Jet:
> Flame Thrower:
> A Rock: 50~
> }}
>
> Repeal Rule 1900 (The Board Game).
> Repeal Rule 1854 (Technology).
> Repeal Rule 1855 (Research Points.)
> }}

If I successfully submitted the above proposal, I revise it; if not, I
submit the below proposal:

__Gameplay Overload__:
{{
[...]

In Rule 625, remove the entire section "The Ministry of the Arena."
and renumber the sections below it appropriately.

In Rule 1913, delete the bullet-point "Creating, moving, or otherwise
using an Avatar in the Arena".

In Rule 1915, remove "Water Pods are Arena Tools. A Water Pod may be
used to cause any Cube with no Avatars in it to become Filled with
Water."

In Rule 1916, remove:
{{
Any player may use an Advancement token to temporarily double all of
their Arena stats. Any stat doubled in this manner is halved (rounded
down) at the end of the current checking period.
Any player may use an Advancement token to cause all Avatars in Cubes
orthagonally or diagonally adjacent [[player's choice]] to the Cube
their Avatar is in to be destroyed with a probability of 1/5. This
probability is computed on a Cube-by-Cube basis, so that if mulitple
Avatars are in one affected Cube, they are either all destroyed or all
not destroyed.
}}

}}

--