James Baxter on Sat, 1 Jan 2011 15:18:19 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] So, emergency coordinators

> Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 12:20:37 -0500
> From: teucer@xxxxxxxxx
> To: spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [s-b] So, emergency coordinators
>
> I'd rather not be the EC, but I think compsciguy has volunteered. I
> consent to that. Also I'd like to get moving on submitting refresh
> proposals, so I'd like to do the "wait a day and resolve absent
> objections" thing again. (Given that we've all had ample time to
> potentially disagree, this seems like a fair way to see that we've got
> something amenable to everybody; the rules don't tell us how to
> decide, only that we must decide on pain of the game ending.)

I consent to and agree to the player known as "compsciguy" being established as the Emergency Co-Ordinator.

[[However, the rule as written is fairly ambiguous as to how an emergency co-ordinator is selected but I think that our agreement is enough to establish exactly who becomes Emergency Co-Ordinator. The Procedure then asserts that the Emergency Co-Ordinator is established so we just need to choose a person to be Emergency Co-Ordinator. The question then is: has the pause been initialized? If the establishing of an Emergency Co-Ordinator does not wait for us to agree on one then an unknown Emergency Co-Ordinator must have been established already and the pause will then have been initialized. Also, there is no time limit for us to agree within before the game ends so as long unless it can be shown that we will never agree, the game will not end]]