Geoffrey Spear on Sun, 26 Dec 2010 12:04:23 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Emergency Resolution

I am resolving the Emergency.  Fittingly, I can't figure out which of
the following is correct, although they all have the same result;
0x44's Refresh Proposal is adopted.

Choice 1, in which we assume that a conditional vote somehow "clearly
identifies the Refresh Proposal selected", and that furthermore
"agreement" to something to the Discussion Forum (or, for that matter,
silent agreement with no posting at all) counts for the purposes of
this conditional vote.  i.e., that each PEP voted how they believed
they were voting at the time:
{{
For 0x44's RP (3): 0x44, Wooble, teucer
For compsciguy's RP (3): JamesB, compsciguy, Marr965

Since 0x44's RP was submitted earlier, it is adopted.
}}

Choice 2, in which we assume that a conditional vote somehow "clearly
identifies the Refresh Proposal selected", but that "agreement" must
be done to the public forum:
{{
For 0x44's RP (3): 0x44, Wooble, teucer
For compsciguy's RP (1): Marr965
For teucer's RP(2): JamesB, compsciguy

0x44's RP wins.
}}

Choice 3, in which we assume that conditional votes, especially those
conditional on something ambiguous like whether "agreement" to the DF
constitues true "agreement", aren't valid at all:
{{
For 0x44's RP (3): 0x44, Wooble, teucer
For compsciguy's RP (1): Marr965

0x44's RP wins.
}}

The following Refresh Proposal:
{{
Replace the text of the ruleset with the text of a random historical
ruleset determined by dice roll in accordance with Rule 9.
}}

has its power set to 4 (which is, I believe, meaningless) and takes effect.

ehird's arguments notwithstanding, I am causing the Dice Server to
roll a random number in accordance with Rule 9 to, umm, "determine"
the ruleset in effect.  I am making the following assumption: there
have been fewer than 10,000 historical rulesets (this seems likely,
since there have been fewer than 10,000 submitted Proposals, and
non-proposal changes undoubtedly are a tiny fraction of the changes
we've had.)

Which of the historical rulesets the die roll corresponds to is,
conveniently, not the problem of the person resolving this decision.
--
Wooble