Craig Daniel on Thu, 23 Dec 2010 14:37:06 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] This game is boring, let's have an Emergency.

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Elliott Hird
<penguinofthegods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 23 December 2010 20:54, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> One, pragmatism.
>
> THIS IS B.
>
> EVERYTHING MUST BE TAKEN EXTREMELY LITERALLY AND PLATONICALLY.
>
> IF WHAT YOU'RE REASONING BREAKS THE GAME, YOU'RE DOING IT CORRECTLY,
> KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Oddly, B was founded as a very pragmatic game. In fact, I'd say under
game custom as it was at the end of era one, era two works just fine.
But in case we want to replatonize ourselves into that (and frankly I
*like* platonic play):

I offer an alliance to Wooble. Then I recognize an emergency.

http://web.archive.org/web/20041205140215/www.bnomic.org/static/rules.html
is the most recent ruleset I can find, and I believe the absence of
*all of the ministers* is an emergency; under these rules, "I
recognize an emergency" is the preferred way of doing this.

Things to know about these rules:

1. There is a card game. It involves the following cards:
http://web.archive.org/web/20041205131207/www.bnomic.org/display_all_cards.psp

2. There is a subgame called Political Go, or PGo for short. I
remember playing this one; it's good times.

3. There's also a board, and stuff happens on it in accordance with
the Book of Piece. I can't find a copy of that, so we'll have to write
a new one.

4. Game custom is that multiple comments within a rule don't trigger
the dreaded comment bug. (The relevant text: "Excepting any text in
this Rule prior to and including this sentence, any text appearing
within doubled square brackets ("[[" and "]]") shall be considered
"comment" text. Comment text shall not have the force of Rule; its
purpose is solely elucidative or demonstrative.") This is important,
since every single rule ends with a comment.

5. All Societies have been destroyed for lack of members.

In case of other ways things could conceivably be:

I begin recognizing a state of emergency. I push my panic button. He
is pushing his panic button. I become Paranoid. I intend to initiate
an emergency.