Geoffrey Spear on Fri, 17 Sep 2010 07:06:26 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Move! and [Oracle] CFI 128

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 6:49 PM, James Baxter <jebaxter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I issue a CFI on the statement {{The player compsciguy has the attribute Buttplated}}.
>
> Arguments: After receiving two Kicks in the Ass in nweek 176, the player compsciguy recieved the attribute Buttplated for the duration of one nweek as stated by Rule 79, however, Rule 3 provides two definitions of an nweek: "One nweek is defined to be 12 ndays, or the time between two consecutive changes in the number of nweeks on The Clock." Under the first definition, the player compsciguy will have the attribute Buttplated until nday 8 of this nweek whereas, under the second definition, the player compsciguy no longer has the attribute Buttplated.
>
> The above CFI is CFI 128. I assign CFI 128 to Judge Wooble.

I judge TRUE.

Arguments: Under either definition, compsciguy was Buttplated at the
time of this CFI; fewer than 12 ndays had passed since eir second Kick
in the Ass of nweek 176, and 2 consecutive changes of nweek have not
happened (the nweek only changed when nweek 177 began). Whether e will
cease to be Buttplated on nday 7 of this week, nday 1 of next nweek,
or nday 5 of next nweek is therefore beyond the scope of the question
in this case, and in any event judgments have no rules-defined effects
I can see so I won't bother trying to settle the issue.

--
Wooble