Craig Daniel on Wed, 28 Jul 2010 22:23:27 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] CFI - I am named uniquely

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 1:09 AM, Craig Daniel <teucer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Specifying names is generally held to be part of the process of
> registration, as it is not the case that a player who simply posts "I
> register" does so namelessly.

Actually, I should be clearer - specifying names is generally assumed
to behave in a way that I consider inconsistent with it not being part
of the registration process.

But let's ask the judges, shall we? I CFI: "The player commonly known
as Wooble is named Wooble."

Arguments: if specifying your name is part of the registration
process, then signing a registration e-mail thus is sufficient to make
it eir name, and the CFI is TRUE. If not, then e registered with no
name. While a signature might be held sufficient to cause a name
change (I don't think it is, and it would be a shitty precedent to
set, but it might be in some strange woobleverse), changing names when
you don't have one to change is clearly impossible, and e thus
remained nameless even after signing eir post. This would make the CFI
FALSE.