Jeff Gitchel on Sun, 25 Jul 2010 01:10:19 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] [Change] Voting Results for Nweek 172

Well, first, i think this declaration went to the discussion forum instead of the official forum. I may be wrong about that: i have been in the past.

Second, i think you may still be a newbie. I never figured out the result of that discussion, but if you weren't a newbie, then you weren't entitled to a mentor anyway, right? if you are a newbie, i hereby volunteer to be your mentor, since i think i'm done with my last mentor gig.

Third, i noticed your request (if it was a request) to not be required to write out all 200 requests for a mentor, but the request doesn't negate the need to do so. If the fact that no one spoke to your request is all it takes to grant it, then i guess i will have to object now.

Fourth, it's possible that there wasn't reaction to your request not be required to write out all 200 requests for a mentor because it wasn't actually a request. It seemed more like an order, which had no compulsion on any of the other players to allow it. The fact that no one objected (or supported) does not mean it had any force.

It may have been more prudent to have simply pasted the request in 200 times.

Good try, though.

--
Jeff Gitchel
jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx