Alex Smith on Sat, 3 Jul 2010 13:06:42 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [Oracle] CFI 119

On Sat, 2010-07-03 at 20:52 +0100, James Baxter wrote:
> [lilomar wrote]
> > I submit the following CFI:
> > {{
> >      All Newbies gain 5 points.
[snip]
> > }}
> This is CFI 119. I assign CFI 119 to Judge 703B E29B E9CC E4ED A7E2
> 7F62 1608 627B 1BA5 7726.

First off, lilomar is correct in that newbies cannot be assigned mentors
who are already mentors; the only players eligible to be mentors are
those who are not already mentors. Thus, the sentence in the rules "If
no Mentor is available when a request for a Mentor is made, or no Mentor
is available to become a Newbie's Mentor, that Newbie gains 5 Points."
must indeed trigger on every request for a Mentor, because no Mentor
would be available.

However, note that this does not happen automatically upon the newbie
becoming a player, but only on request. Thus, if a newbie never makes a
request, the gain of 5 points does not necessarily happen. I judge CFI
119 FALSE.

This also works the other way, too; if a newbie makes more than one
request for a mentor, they gain 5 points for /each request/ (I see
nothing in the rules that prevents multiple requests). Why do you think
I made 200 requests for a mentor when I registered?

--
703B E29B E9CC E4ED A7E2  7F62 1608 627B 1BA5 7726
aka ais523