James Baxter on Mon, 24 May 2010 13:21:33 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Proposed Replacement of Rule 69

> From: gitchel@xxxxxxxxx
> To: spoon-business@xxxxxxxxx
> Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 01:12:18 -0500
> Subject: [s-b] Proposed Replacement of Rule 69
>

> {{
> Rule 69 shall be replaced in its entirety by the following:
>
> Rule 69/1 - Mentorship
>
> A newbie is any player who has been playing for less than two nweeks.
>
> A mentor is an active player who volunteers or is assigned to help out a newbie, and who is neither a newbie nor already a mentor. The newbie that they are mentoring is known as a mentee.
>
> Any player may avoid or refuse assignment as a mentor by announcing such in a public forum specifying a period or condition for eir exclusion.
>
> When a mentor's mentee ceases to be a newbie then the mentor ceases to be a mentor.
>
> If at any point there exists at least one newbie who isn't a mentee then the player who has been eligible for mentorship for the longest time without a break should be assigned as the mentor for the newbie who has been a player for the least length of time, unless another eligible mentor volunteers first.
>
> If there exists a newbie who is not a mentee, and who has not left the game or gone on Forced Leave, and no player volunteers or accepts assignment as mentor to that newbie, then that newbie receives 5 points. If, at the end of an additional nweek, that newbie has a positive number of points and no Debt, and has not left the game or gone on Forced Leave, then that newbie receives another 5 points and is subsequently no longer a newbie.
>
> Mentees are encouraged to ask eir mentor about anything relevant to the game, and eir mentor is encouraged to give useful advice to eir mentee.
>
> At the end of eir period of being a mentor, if eir mentee has not left the game or gone on Forced Leave, then that mentor receives 5 points for being a mentor. If eir mentee has a positive number of points and no Debt then the mentor receives another 5 points.
> }}

The way I interpret this, the text between the double curly braces in the above quoted message is the body of a proposal submitted by Gitchel with the title "Proposed Replacement of Rule 69" and the above quoted message constitutes the submission of that proposal. I assign that proposal the identification number 2030.