Craig Daniel on Sun, 1 Nov 2009 18:36:37 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Ribbons...

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 1:28 PM, C-walker
<charles.w.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 6:00 PM, M P Darke<darkemalcolm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I, the Player known as Marr965, award myself such Ribbons as I can be awarded.
>> CFJ: The above awarding was legal, using the definition of legal that is defined by the rules.
>> CFJ: Game Objects defined by Rules are destroyed when the rules that define them are repealed.
>
> Game Objects don't exist anymore, but any rule-defined entity ceases
> to exist when its defining rule ceases to exist, as explicitly set out
> in Rule 32.
>
> The Ribbon related CFJ would be more interesting, but you cannot
> create any Ribbons in your possession anyway; the only one you have
> earnt is a White Ribbon and you are past the week limit for creating
> it.

I accept Walker's gratuitous argument on the matter and so judge the
first of the above-quoted CFJs to be TRUE - it was legal for Marr965
not to award emself any ribbons.

That said, the judge would like to take a moment to scowl at Marr965
for phrasing his awards in ways that make headaches for officers.

 - teucer