Geoffrey Spear on Mon, 5 Oct 2009 06:52:43 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Conundrums

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 9:42 AM, 0x44 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I resign any offices I might hold.
>
> I CFJ on "Is 0x44 the Oracle?"
> This is CFJ 11 and I assign it to Wooble.
> I deputize as Oracle, this is CFJ 11 and I assign it to Wooble.

I judge FALSE.

"I resign any offices I might hold" is ambiguous.  It either resigns a
person from all offices e does hold, or resigns em from any offices e
holds ambiguously.

The first time 0x44 used this phrasing, none of eir office holdings
were ambiguous; they were listed on the MoM's report and had
self-ratified. The second time, the holdings were ambiguous due to the
ambiguity in the statement; thus, with either interpretation of the
statement e definitively did not hold any offices as of the calling of
this CFJ.

--
Wooble